Terms and Conditions
The website www.smbc.co.jp (hereafter called the "website") is administered by Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation. (hereafter called "the bank"). Please read the following terms and conditions carefully before accessing the website and any information contained therein.
- 1.The website contains forward-looking financial information. The bank makes no warranties or guarantees with regard to forward-looking financial information, which is subject to risk and uncertainty. Please note that the specified targets or objectives may not be attained for a variety of reasons, including changes in the business environment.
- 2.The purpose of the website is to provide information to the bank's shareholders and customers, as well as news releases for the media. Items posted on the website may contain important information as defined by the Japanese Securities and Exchange Law.
- 3.The website is provided for informational purposes only as supplementary means of disclosure according to legal requirements and should be viewed together with other sources, such as TDnet (timely disclosure e-journal system). Although every effort is made to include accurate and up-to-date information on this website, we make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the information, which may not contain all the information or may not correspond exactly to the information released to the media.
- 4.Copyrights to the contents contained on This website (including but not limited to all information, brands, designs etc.) are owned by Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation. . They may not be used, copied or altered without prior express consent by Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation. .
- ・You can disable cookies and web beacons by adjusting your browser settings. For details, see your browser’s “Help” menu. On a smartphone, it is also possible to limit the use of advertising IDs by adjusting the settings. Depending on the settings used, however, you may not be able to use some Internet banking services or order some items.
- ・First-party cookies
A cookie is a mechanism that records user activities on a website. Cookies issued by the bank (the first party) collect data on your activities when you visit our website (web pages accessed, access time, information about your computer, etc.). Cookies and the information acquired via cookies may be linked with your customer profile managed by the bank within the following limited purposes. The linked information will be properly managed as part of our customer profile management.
- ・To track a visitor across screens for ordering items in order to identify the kinds of activities undertaken by the customer to prevent illegal access and ensure customer security
- ・To record settings including character display sizes and inputs to enhance the customer experience
- ・To collect and statistically analyze customer use of our website for purposes of improving our website, items, and services, and to make appropriate proposals to each customer.
- ・Third-party advertising IDs, web beacons, and cookies
An advertising ID is an identifier issued for each smartphone and tablet device for the purpose of distributing advertisements. It stores the history of activities undertaken on a website on the user’s terminal. A web beacon is a mechanism for recording whether a user has visited a website or shop, and the number of such visits, on the user’s terminal.
The information stored using advertising IDs and web beacons issued by third parties, including advertisement distribution companies, and third-party cookies is collected by the issuers when users visit the corresponding websites and shops, and is handled according to the privacy policies of those companies.
We collaborate with the following ad distribution companies and may use the information collected by these companies during your visits to our website and shops for the purpose of providing information and advertisements corresponding to your tastes and interests as well as analyzing our website. You can block these advertisements and other services by going to the opt-out pages of the corresponding ad distribution companies and disabling the services according to the specified procedure.
- ・Please note that Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation. disclaims any liability, expressed or implied, for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with actions taken on the basis of the information provided on this website.
- ・The bank reserves the right to suspend operation of, or change the contents of, the website at any time without prior notification. The bank is not obliged to alter or update the information in the website, including without limitation any projection or other forward looking statement contained therein.
- ・The website contains links and banners allowing users to access other websites which are not administered by the bank and the bank accepts no liability whatsoever for the use, content etc. of such websites.