Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC) is committed to providing fast and accurate Japanese Yen clearing services, making us one of the most competitive banks in the industry. SMBC actively participates in industry organizations such as SWIFT, CLS Bank and is a direct member of local clearing systems (BOJ Net, Foreign Exchange Yen Clearing System (FXYCS), Zengin System, etc.).
Our Service Strength
- ・Direct member of all clearing systems in Japan.
- ・One of the major Yen clearers of the Foreign Exchange Yen Clearing System.
- ・Strong liquidity positions to support JPY Nostro Account Funding.
- ・Highly reputed Business Continuity Plan.
- ・Continuous investments in operational systems.
- ・High STP ratio for both inter-bank and customer transactions.
- ・Real time account inquiry and reconciliation through internet based "WEB Reporting Service".
- ・Customer focused services.
- ・Highly dedicated and supportive English speaking staffs.
Domestic Market Share
SMBC's domestic market share is one of the largest among banks in Japan. We have 27 million retail accounts and are serving approximately 43 million individual customers on a group-wide basis. As for the corporate customer base, we have a wide range of corporate customers including Mitsui Group and Sumitomo Group Corporates.
Through our relationships with global clients, SMBC has established itself as a leader in servicing international banking activities.
If you have any inquiry, please send SWIFT Message to the following SWIFT BIC Address:SMBCJPJT