Partnering with our clients across industries and sectors
with dedicated teams & solutions
SMBC has been actively supporting our clients in providing project financing services in Asia Pacific since the mid-1990s. Our regional headquarters is based in Singapore and well-supported by dedicated experts across located across Southeast Asia, India, China, East Asia and Australia – covering core sectors such as Power, Renewables, Energy and Natural Resources, Infrastructure, TMT and Healthcare.
We are committed to supporting sustainable financing initiatives and are one of the leading banks in the Asia Pacific region in lending to green and renewable projects.
SMBC offers our clients in the Asia Pacific region a full range of debt financing solutions including the following:
- Credit ratings advice
- Export credit agency (ECA) and
- Agency services
- Project bonds *
* Provided by SMBC Nikko Capital Markets
We have an unmatched track record in acting as Financial Advisor on projects throughout the Asia Pacific region – with particular focus on the power, infrastructure, energy and natural resources sectors:
- Working with our clients from inception of the project to financial close;
- Development of state-of-the-art and bespoke financial models;
- Thorough understanding of emerging and developing markets, and the challenges faced by developers, lenders and stakeholders;
- Good understanding and experience working closely with all key providers of funds – including export credit agencies, multilaterals and commercial lenders;
- Combining on-the-ground local knowledge with international best practice;
- Commercial structuring and negotiation of project agreements;
- Mobilizing the most optimal pools of capital to raise long-tenor and large-scale project finance debt.